This gluten free chocolate chip cookie made with Steamed Chickpea Flour will not disappoint. If you are used to gluten free products leaving an unpleasant flavor or texture in your mouth, you are in for a pleasant surprise with this soft and chewy comfort food. Don’t forget to grab a glass of milk for dunking.
- 60.0 g All Purpose Shortening
- 110.0 g Margarine/Butter
- 90.0 g Sugar
- 20.0 g Fructose
- 90.0 g Brown Sugar
- 10.0 g Invert Sugar
- 2.0 g Salt
- 55.0 g Eggs
- 24.0 g Water
- 6.3 g Vanilla
- 250.0 g Steamed Chickpea Flour
- 2.0 g Baking Soda
- 3.0 g Baking Powder
- 80.0 g Chocolate Chips
- Cream together shortening, butter/margarine, sugars, and salt for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs, water and vanilla mixing 1 minute at low speed, then 1 minute at medium speed.
- Blend together flours, baking soda and baking powder then add to the above.
- Mix 1 minute at low speed until well combined.
- Add chocolate chips and mix until incorporated at low speed.
- Scale 16-18 grams with cookie scoop on a baking sheet.
- Bake time: 8-9 minutes in a convection oven at 340°F (171°C).